Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Fine Like Wine
The older a person gets, the more they learn, the wiser they become. No-one can concieve the next stage of life until they have entered it. I've entered a new stage. I feel sobre, tamed or forcibly calmed. As though the playfulness and optimism has been beaten out of me. Pressed through the middle i've come out a different person. Perhaps it's not a bad thing. I'm smarter than I once was, and I will continue to learn and be patient. Still. I can't shake the feeling that i've been broken. My interests have changed and my personality has shifted. Again, not bad. Just different. I'm just not used to this yet, I still cling to my last stage even though i've already entered a different one. Who knows why maybe when i'm older i'll understand this too. For now i'm going to push and try to keep my essence from fading.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment