So starting a blog sounds like a good idea. Especially since I despise my own handwriting!
I think this will be a good place to let stress out and talk about my day. Since I am a university student, work and am involved in a play, I am really busy, but hopefully I will be able to have enough time to write in this blog. Sarah just got married. It honestly blows my mind. It also makes me want to get married even though I know the time is not right for me right now. I suppose all weddings make people feel that way. I'm so happy for her though. She is where so belongs. On a not so cheery note, I missed more play practice because I had a midterm to study. Astronomy (oh joy). I probably won't have any sort of social activity this week as I have solid study, work and play practice. I really should get out though. At least once a week. Church is starting to come second to work and that is not okay with me. Especially since we just had a sermon about taking time once a week to relax. I am in fact breaking one of the ten commandments! I don't think most people realize that over working yourself is a sin. There simply doesn't seem to be a way around it though. Well I have that midterm tomorrow so it's off to bed with me. I think i'm going to enjoy this. I'm better at writing than I am speaking. A toast to my first blog post!
Good job, Rachel. Blogging is cathartic. I'm sure you will enjoy it. And in regards to taking a day to claim as your Sabbath...the world we live in is insane with it's demands on us. Try to say "no" as often as possible to extraneous events and you will be amazed at how much time becomes available to you. If the obligations do not allow for an entire day, take a portion of each day to be your Sabbath. Do try hard to get that one whole day, though. It does make a difference. But don't stress about it, God understands. He just wants to be a part of your day.
ReplyDeleteRachel, you're so cute!
ReplyDelete